Why Support the Jason Russell House?
Your donation will help maintain one of the oldest a historic houses in the United States, the site of the bloodiest fighting on the first day of the Revolutionary War, April 19, 1775 (the Battle of Lexington and Concord). The house was purchased in 1923 by the Arlington Historical Society which restored it in 1926, and now operates and maintains it. You will also be supporting innovative educational programs that explore the Colonial Era and the meanings of freedom and independence.
How to Contribute
You may contribute your financial support to the Arlington Historical Society and the Jason Russell House in many ways:
- Membership. Become an annual member here.
- Personal check. To send us a donation check, please download and print out our donation form. Make your check out to “Arlington Historical Society”. Then mail it to us, along with the donation form to the address on the form.
- PayPal. To contribute using PayPal, click the donation button below. You will be taken to a secure PayPal server where you can select your donation amount and complete your transaction.
- Matching funds. If your employer offers matching funds for your charitable donation, please make use of that opportunity — it is beneficial to both us and to your company. Our tax ID is 04-6053994. Please contact us if you need a copy of our determination letter from the IRS (needed to prove our non-profit status).
- Bequests. When planning your estate, please remember us. By including us in your will, you will enable us to continue the Society’s educational mission, and pass the Jason Russell House on to future generations.
- Stock Donations. You can save on capital gains taxes by donating appreciated stock. All you need do is call your broker and have them transfer shares to an account the Society has established with Fidelity. No taxes are due because it is a charitable donation to a charitable organization. Call the society main number for information on how to transfer your appreciated stock.
If you would like to discuss a donation before making it, please contact us using this link: contact us.
Donate using PayPal:
Thank you for your donation!
Your generous, tax-deductible donation helps support the Jason Russell House, the Smith Museum, and the ongoing mission of the Arlington Historical Society.