Next – Kitchen
The parlor is one of the two north rooms added on between 1740 and 1750.
This room was plastered and had the corner posts cased in, from the start. The room was plainly finished at first and in 1814, Federal period moldings were added to the original window frames and mantel-shelves were installed over the fireplaces. The room’s blue wallpaper is an exact replica of a wall paper sample found in the room during its 1924 restoration.
Beside the fireplace is a closet where now is displayed some of the Society’s collection of 18th and 19th century pottery and porcelain. A bullet hole from the battle in 1775 can still be seen in the wall to the left of the fireplace.